Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Constructive Summer


The bar exam is exactly five weeks away. The move is about eight weeks away. The start date for the new job is exactly eleven weeks away.

I would probably be thinking more about the latter two items if the bar-exam preparation weren't so all-consuming (last week, for example, I left the house twice between Sunday and Thursday, with both escapes taking me to Founders). Also, I pictured this summer as a time to tie up loose ends in Grand Rapids: spending a lot of time with people I enjoy, eating at places I enjoy, etc., with twin goals of being refreshed and having closure before the pre-Labor Day move. That is all still happening, of course, but it's amazing the degree to which this bar-exam thing is getting in the way. It's almost like they're purposely making it difficult for people to become lawyers, or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment